Pool Build from Hades

nlindelldc

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
Okay, I am going to try to make a long story short. Fiberglass pool install has been attempted twice now and has been suspended due to heavy rains. (We've had record rains this Spring in TX).

Both times the pool was already in the hole and they began filling the pool while back filling. Big rain came overnight (both times). First time pool and hole were both pumped out using sump pumps but they did not lift the pool out of the hole, they just used a tractor to lift the sides and re-level. Second time this happened (last night). They showed up today with one pump to pump the hole water only and the level in the pool is going down with it! So this means there has to be a crack, correct? The guys is standing there telling us it's not cracked, it's just settling. I'm not stupid can visually see the level in the pool going down. They are currently scrambling to get a second pump to pump the pool out.

Stupid question because I can hardly believe it but it HAS to be a crack, yes? If so, what's the next step? Who is responsible for said crack? Should they completely remove the pool (they seem reluctant to hire a crane), they prefer to use a tractor to lift sides and re-level but there's got to be moisture under the pool/sand, etc.

Opinions appreciated!

Take lots of pics with dates and times on them. Be there when they are working on the pool and area at all times. Document any and all conversations with anyone around the pool.

Let us know what you see when they get the pool pumped out.

I will be thinking about you.

Kim

Take lots of pics with dates and times on them. Be there when they are working on the pool and area at all times. Document any and all conversations with anyone around the pool.

Let us know what you see when they get the pool pumped out.

I will be thinking about you.

Kim

Yes, we have begun taking pics and documenting everything. Thanks for the advice. My wife is livid and I am sick to my stomach :(

There has to be a crack, yes?!?!?

Are you sure there aren't any openings lower in the pool if no main drain holes?

I sure haven't seen any. In fact, I just checked with the PB and there are no main drains or holes of any kind in the bottom of the shell (yet). It is a solid piece of fiberglass. The only hole in the pool that I can see is the skimmer hole at the top/side.

I suppose once we drain the pool (again) we can check for cracks, etc.

Well I wanted to give another update if for nothing else than to save someone else. My pool is currently being drained (for the 4th time) so that it can be re-leveled. They attempted to fill it again over the weekend but by the time it was full it was obvious that it was not level. So frustrating. I have taken to the internet to vent. This has to be the worst PB in the history of PB's. They lie to my face, don't return calls, stall, delay tactics, etc. Most days nobody even shows up to work.

Long story short is that it has now been 4 months and my pool is not even close to completion! Ridiculous!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks cowboy. I called the Texas Board of licensing and they told me that contractors do not fall within the "service contract providers". I already filed with the BBB a long time ago. I guess I will wait until they are finished (whenever that will be) and file with the office of the attorney general.

I am kind of shocked to discover that you don't need a license in Texas to do contracting of any kind. You can build a house, put a pool in, whatever you want. I'm still in disbelief

Just updating this thread.

We're going on 5 1/2 months now, pool still not finished. Contemplating a lawsuit but I'd rather not go that route.

My neighbor wanted a pool after seeing mine being started and obviously wasn't going to use ....

He also went with a fiberglass pool with another builder. They went from start to finish in 2 weeks! His is complete with waterfall, concrete, everything. They feel so bad for us they invite us swimming almost every day. Thank God for kind neighbors!

Will update occasionally as I can. Seriously just hoping to be finished before the holidays at this point.

Has your pool been completed?. I am using the same company in Corpus . They started in February 2015. Its still not finished.

I am so sorry I just now saw this message sublime. Nope, here it is October and they are STILL NOT DONE. Don't get me wrong, we have been swimming for a month or two but still don't have concrete yet. I didn't think it was possible that anyone's project could possibly be OLDER than ours. Maybe we can warn others so this won't happen to anybody else!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.