Solar Covers

Z7What

Mar 23, 2015
New Orleans Area
I was just reading a post about what solar cover to buy. The general census was that the Blue is better with protecting the FC levels but doesn't do much warming, the clear does much better with warming but doesn't protect the FC levels.

I live right outside of New Orleans so its get pretty freaking hot doing the summer. My pool is actually 80* right now. The wife thinks that its to cold still and I find it hard for me to get her to come swimming if its too cold. Doing the summer the pool gets HOT, cant remember exactly how high but its hot.

With that being said does the blue warm the pool any? I think what I would want is some thing that would heat it a little but do more for protecting the FC.

Or is there any other style cover that would be better for my goals?

Wayne

You have to keep in mind your water will heat better on a nice hot sunny day with little wind with the cover off. The covers work best at retaining the heat at night that you would lose to evaporation. So when your done swimming for the night put the blanket on your water till your ready to swim again.

I have mine cut in 4 pieces, right down the seams so I roll it on and off in 4 pieces.

The best time to use the blanket is at night. I can warm my pool fastest by shutting my pump off and letting the Sun blast my water for hours on end and then cover the pool around 7-8pm.

Casey, do you have any pics of your cut solar cover? Or can you give a description of how you did, and then how you go about putting the cover on and off again? I was thinking of doing something like this to make a solar cover more manageable.

I have mine cut in 4 pieces, right down the seams so I roll it on and off in 4 pieces.

The best time to use the blanket is at night. I can warm my pool fastest by shutting my pump off and letting the Sun blast my water for hours on end and then cover the pool around 7-8pm.

Should I be turning the pump off during the day when the cover is off?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.