Closing, chemicals to add?

Jul 4, 2008
NJ USA
frustratedpoolmom said:
Yeah, if your confident in the 70 result, then let it go lower according to the chart. Remember to always maintain the proper levels, never let it drop below minimum and you won't get algae, and you shouldn't have to shock routinely either.

Let the FC drop before retesting the PH. 7.8 is the top end, but when FC is high the PH can read high...you can leave it for now.

Just keep brushing, testing, and adjusting the FC as needed. And let the filter run 24/7 till it clears. Your'e doing great! :goodjob:
Hi frustrated Mom , hope you can help me like you did before, I used my pool for the rest of the summer and it was great no more Green GOOOOO ... Thanx to you guys on this site . As ya know I live in NJ and i want to close my pool( INGROUND) in the next couple of weeks or so . I read the pool school section referring to Above Ground pools closing /.. any way I have closed my pool in previous year myself , I just wanted to know what to put in the water before putting the Solid cover on , Bleach., borax ,etc.... my PH is 7.8 and i keep the chlorine level around 4 or so ... so any pointers from you will be much appriciated. Thanx Reza

Polyquat is a kind of algaecide. That is our nickname for it. It is actually sold under a large number of different brand names, usually recognized by it's 60% concentration. Polyquat isn't strictly required, but it is a good idea. The idea is to reduce the chances of opening to a green swamp as much as possible.

Yes, standard laundry bleach. Avoid scents (other than "original") and other additives.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.