BORJIS: Bio-Active cya reducer trial

borjis

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 19, 2014
Pacific NW
All chemistry within TFP recommended specs except cya which is 100
on a 1:1 dillution test done last saturday.

Water Temp: 66 degrees
Free Chorine: 3 ppm

Here we go!

No sunny weather forecasted until saturday or sunday so I'll post
cya tests when I can.

Haha! Richard! YOU KNOW IT!

I'm leaving the TF-100 kit on the kitchen counter along with testing notes and to join this forum.

Hoping my next house has a pool but if not I'll be looking for something with room in the backyard
for a vinyl in ground or fiberglass.

Day 6 of Bio Active reducer test results.
(No dillution)

fc: 2

Water temp: 62 (just turned solar on)

Drum roll.......

Cya: 80 ppm

So a 20ppm reduction in 6 days.

Lets see how much further it goes.final test next Saturday.

I tested FC monday and it was unexpectedly at .5, so I added a 1/2 gal of generic Winco 8.25 % bleach
and ran the pump for 2 hours. The instructions do say to maintain minimal sanitizer.

This morning the FC level was 4.5 (still under 5) a little higher than I thought it would end up (thought it would be 2.5)

water temp is 70 degrees.

I wish now I would have added 1/4 instead of 1/2 gal, but my house is going on the market in 2 weeks and from
the two folks who had green water or algae growth when doing the bio-active, I just couldn't risk it. Gotta have sparkling clear water for the showings to buyers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thought I should update this thread that around the end of the trial, I noticed some yellow ish color by my steps.

I thought it was metal staining but when I scrubbed it with a brush a massive white cloud came out....Mustard Algae.

wonderful.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.