Heyward Swim Pure Question Salt readings off

May 13, 2015
Russellville, AR
Ok so we have the salt water for our in ground pool. End of last season we purchased a new cell because the other went out after 3 years. My question is this, on the reading for salt , it reads high at 3400, even after recallibration. The strips read 2600. To me this is quite a bit off. Any idea what could be going on? Hubby says not to worry about it as long as its producing chlorine and all the other chemistry is good. Sorry that is not good enough for me! Please help!!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

First, rarely is 3400ppm too high for a SWG.
Second, the salt strips can be kind of hit and miss ... I prefer the Taylor drop based salt test.
Third, all the tests and the SWG readings are usually only good to +/- 400ppm ... so your results are plausible.

Hubby is right in this case, if the SWG is happily chugging along ... no need to worry ;)

Note that if the SWG was reading lower than the salt test, that could be more reason for concern and would require some additional investigation. A SWG reading low could be a dirty or failing cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.