Intro and Pool Plan Pics

Mar 16, 2015
rowlett, tx
any advice is welcome!

We are in the Dallas area and are just starting the process. We have signed with a builder and are waiting on the rain to stop so we can begin. Since it hasn't started yet I am still able to make changes.

Pool size
Width-21.5
Length- 33.5
474 sq ft
Depth- 3-5-4

What else is helpful to know?

Here are some pics
pool.jpg

poo2.jpg

What equipment do they have listed?
How is the plumbing going to be done?

It is these things that owners overlook due to the excitement about the bells and whistles and the pretty renderings.

Not sure ...
Is it at least a 2-speed pump?
How big and what type of filter?
How many skimmers?
Are they plumbed separately from the floor drains to the equipment pad and controlled by valves (not PVC ball valves)?

Not sure ...
Is it at least a 2-speed pump?
How big and what type of filter?
How many skimmers?
Are they plumbed separately from the floor drains to the equipment pad and controlled by valves (not PVC ball valves)?

I feel so dumb not knowing this.

Here is my contract

ad5fd4453fb701be7062f77f0ba6e4c8.jpg

No worries ... salesmen are all about the flash and likely never get into the guts which will affect how the pool functions.

- Well, it lists Neverlube valves, so that is good.
- 420 sqft cartridge filter ... that is pretty big and probable fine.
- No mention on how the floor drains and 2 skimmers will be plumbed. You should ask for them all to be separate to the pad (and get it in writing).
- Make sure one of the skimmers in on the predominantly downwind side of the pool.
- In-line chlorinator is not recommended for sole source of chlorine due to climbing CYA levels. Can be ok for vacations, but you could just get a floater. Check out How to Chlorinate Your Pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks, Amanda! You lifted my spirits this morning. There are a few posts I wish I could take back.... Especially posts I made after days of unending rain. In case you haven't guessed - having a pool built is a rollercoaster of energy and emotions. Thank goodness, everyone on here is sooooo forgiving, understanding, and supportive. It is such an exciting time - I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Are you familiar with the stages of the pool build - just so you can know what to watch for with each one? There's a lot on this site, but much of it is woven within the threads and posts - hard to find it all together. Let me know if you need anything. Take care. Suz.

Thanks, Amanda! You lifted my spirits this morning. There are a few posts I wish I could take back.... Especially posts I made after days of unending rain. In case you haven't guessed - having a pool built is a rollercoaster of energy and emotions. Thank goodness, everyone on here is sooooo forgiving, understanding, and supportive. It is such an exciting time - I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Are you familiar with the stages of the pool build - just so you can know what to watch for with each one? There's a lot on this site, but much of it is woven within the threads and posts - hard to find it all together. Let me know if you need anything. Take care. Suz.

Thanks! Yes this rain is delaying everything, we are in the Dallas area!

Will come to you if I have questions!!

The big thing is the inline chlorinator - i'd be interested to see what exactly they are using to make that happen, but its usually something that auto feeds trichlor tabs - and that pretty much goes against the entire premise of everything this site preaches.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.