Intro and Pool Plan Pics

"No thank you" is a complete sentence or you can do it my way..............."NO" with strong eye contact. He is not the one that has to pay for it and live with it. It is us here at TFP LOL

I have to ask a little more about the table before I lock her in. What will the top be made of? TILE??????? PRETTY TILE???????? Shiny tile???????

Kim

The top will be a piece of granite. Didn't want to deal with tile and the grout. I also get the granite for free which is a cost saver.

Going to do a rough finish on the granite and do a Texas star in the center.

Granite color suggestions?

Here is my coping, and tile
f250e44a6c999f52bf0c2fbef493cb4e.jpg

With those colors just about any thing will look good. Do you want it to stand out??? Do you want it blend?

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

FREE????????? oh yeah!

LOL look what I found! It is a color called Texas star! LOL

Valspar Paint - Color Chip - texas star

The granite will be amazing!!! And free!!! You can't get any better than that!! Ohhhhhhhh, the color options! Another lock will be needed for that!

Whatever material/colors your samples are sitting on in the above photo looks wonderful. But don't ask me!!! You don't want the table too hot - I will need to put my elbows on the table after I've had too many adult beverages!!!!

This is sooooo exciting!!!! Love, love, love it!
Suz.

I found it and like it------pretty! So many different colors!

How is it you get it for free?? Hummmmmmmmmm who or what do you know???????? LOL

Cream with the star being tan would be nice or go with tan with the star being cream!

Suz we need to get ascew on here!

Kim

How is it you get it for free?? Hummmmmmmmmm who or what do you know???????? LOL

Cream with the star being tan would be nice or go with tan with the star being cream!

Kim

Right! ASCEW-ooooo! You who!! Where are you? We need your imagination and design skills!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Kim

My father in law does granite. We did our kitchen and bathrooms through him too. Very nice perk

Sorry I missed this, yesterday was a big DIY labor day for me, and I crashed about 7:00 pm. I really need to figure out how to follow threads, I miss so much at times. But, enough about me....

FREE Granite! GO girlfriend! I love the new tile, the Lipari by noble tile. Is the star going to be inlaid in the granite? If so, I would do the table in light granite with the star in a darker granite, elbows go on the outside. I would look for a light granite close to the Lipari tile color, with darker flecks, similar to your coping color, for the table part, and granite the color of your coping with lighter flecks for the star. I think the star one might be harder to find, but you could also go for one with marbling in a lighter tone. How big is the table going to be, and how big is the star going to be?

Yes I agree about a lighter color table. We will also have an umbrella sleeve and will be able to shade that area.

My father in law can do any color he has on the lot.
The table will be 30 inches in diameter not sure about the star but not huge. More like a center accent.

That is awesome! Do you still have your samples? I would take them down to the lot. If it is going to be a smallish center accent around the umbrella sleeve...I might even be tempted to go with one of the really dark browns or blacks that has the shiny flecks in it, to mimic the seashell you are adding to the ledge areas.

What color / finish is your plaster?

Lol, I am searching all over the web for images now.

Oh the umbrella sleeve isn't in the table itself. I wasn't clear on that. It's in the coping/decking behind it, between the tanning ledge and the table.

I do still have my samples and will bring them, that's a good idea.

Our plaster is Wetedge Antigua.

That is going to be gorgeous! Picking up on the black speckles and the sparkly shells in the center star still appeals to me. After surfing the web a bit, and finding the red print on your new tile choice...I put a couple ideas things together. The more I look a them about it, I wonder if the timing of things would allow you to take some pieces from your actual delivery down to your father in laws. The samples on the site look very warm, while the picture of the install show a lot of cooler tones as well as the warm. The variation in color will be very forgiving for matching / coordinating at least. Anyway, if timing allowed, I would probably wait for as much stuff to be installed before I picked my table top. I put a couple samples together (all pics use stuff that was labelled granite), of course scale is all wrong for the textures, but I think I like the softer marbled look for the table, rather than the speckled look.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.