Anyone hear of Blue Shield Winter Tabs?

joenj

May 10, 2007
Mantua, NJ
From the NAMCO stores, suppose to be a non-chlorine winter protection.
The container has " Effervescent Action Tablets"????

I was going to buy pucks, usually put them in a dispenser around FEB., tied to float in the deep end, but they only had these WINTER TABS.

The clerk also mentioned that the pucks do not work in cold water below 60.

All new information to me.

The container has " Effervescent Action Tablets"????

That is the only thing listed on the container. It also mentions, "A stream of bubbling is normal".

In the WARNING section: "Do not allow dispenser to sink to bootom as spotting and bleaching may occur. Not responsible for bleaching of vinyl liners."

Sure sounds like some kind of chlorine to me.

Ask them for a MSDS. By law they have to give it to you or help you get it. In fact, if they are selling it they have to have it readily available by law for their employee's benfit!

joenj said:
They told me it is Dupont's Oxone, an oxygen-based oxidizer, like potassium monopersulfate.

I told them no thanks.
Oxone IS potassium monopersulfate. Dupont developed it and holds the patents on it (the same as Buckam Labs deveoped and owns the patents on polyquat). Doesn't matter who's MPS you buy. It's either made by Dupont or royalties are paid to them. I suspected is was a non chlorine oxidixer, either MPS or sodium percarbonate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.