Test strip apps

May 27, 2014
Mount Airy, MD
I have been looking at pool apps.

I was wondering if there are any good apps for reading test strips for android. I don't care much about the calculators as I have been doing my pool so long, I pretty much know about how much to put in when I look at the numbers. (It would be a bonus to have a calculator and storage to keep track of the history of what the results are based on the predictions and what is added.. but that would just be a bonus.)

I was hoping maybe if there were decent test strips/apps it could do a better testing job for me. Right now, I use a combination of test strips and chemical tube tests. Mostly I use the test strips unless I am having a problem, then I use the chemicals for better accuracy. But it would be nice to be able to read them on my phone or tablet.

I have seen several apps that will read test strips.. mostly only their brand. I did see one for iphone that says it will ready any brand on the market, but, alas, I have android. I am willing to buy test strips for an app... I was wondering if there are any out there that people like?

Strips and Apps that read strips....

Thanks,
Dayna

To have such an app, you would have to find test strips that are reliable. Unfortunately we have discovered that there are no reliable test strips. We base all our pool care on reliable drop based testing. Take a look at our list of recommended test kits. To effectively practice the TFPC methods, the FAS/DPD chlorine test is essential. All the kits on the list contain that test while very few other kits do. The kits sold at the pool store generally won't won't cut it, but be careful pool store employees are known to say “it's the same thing”. Generally it's not!

Welcome to TFP as someone whe fell for the pool store hard and tried the digital app test strips too I can say, save your money! The digital strips did not even match the pool store reading. Now I only use my TF 100. I love it like it was one of my children!

Welcome to TFP as someone whe fell for the pool store hard and tried the digital app test strips too I can say, save your money! The digital strips did not even match the pool store reading. Now I only use my TF 100. I love it like it was one of my children!

Ok, I love your enthusiasm, but it may already be time for an early intervention. :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.