Seriously? Grrrrrrr.... Flooded pool...

RiffeShooter

Platinum Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
Lake Jackson, Texas
All I could do was laugh and pour myself a glass of Turkey... I just laid out 10 yards (yea, you heard right and have more to go) of mulch and cleaned the pool for a solid week to get her nice and sparkly for an upcoming party. Well, it has been raining a bunch and today came some massive down pouring with the water having nowhere to go. Almost my entire property is flooded and still rising with more rain coming. Last time I checked on the pool it was about 18" of yummy flood water on top of the deck and I had to pull one of the loungers out that was floating in the center of the pool. :crazy:

I'm looking up what to do now but I suspect the best thing to do it make sure the pumps do not come on in the morning if the water is not down below the decking at least. I had to walk through 2' of water just to get to the pool.:laughblue:

I feel your pain man.

Finished my pool build last winter. Come springtime, I raked and picked up millions of rocks, tilled up the whole yard and raked more to make my yard perfect for hydroseeding my whole back yard. 4 hours after the hydroseed guy came, we had a monsoon. I think we got about 7 inches of rain that night. All the hydroseed got washed into rows or drownded, 2 months worth of weekend and afterwork dirt prep ruined.

My yard still havent fully recovered from that.

Dont have any advice for you, but I sympathise for sure.

Nope, not just one. I'm still working them... :p The only saving grace here is two things.... we have a screen enclosure around the pool so there should not be too much debris in it and I didn't do the landscaping around the pool gardens yet. I was just going to start:hammer: that today but the rain stopped me. I'd blow the thing out of the ground if that happened. LOL I'm going to go check it again and turn the main breaker off, haven't done that yet. I just don't feel like walking through all that water again since I'm dry. Lol Ohhhh, number 3, I didn't start on the kitchen yet either, so that is good... At least this tells me that I'll have to place the electrical panel that supplies the kitchen as high up as I can in the island in case this happens again... shhhhhh, and pull the burner out of the fire pit if a flood looks forthcoming.... I have a 3 rail horse fence going around the property and on the East side of the property the water was almost covering the top rail. It is around 5' tall... :crazy:

Breaker off, water still rising... :uhh::crazy:

- - - Updated - - -

I feel your pain man.

Finished my pool build last winter. Come springtime, I raked and picked up millions of rocks, tilled up the whole yard and raked more to make my yard perfect for hydroseeding my whole back yard. 4 hours after the hydroseed guy came, we had a monsoon. I think we got about 7 inches of rain that night. All the hydroseed got washed into rows or drownded, 2 months worth of weekend and afterwork dirt prep ruined.

My yard still havent fully recovered from that.

Dont have any advice for you, but I sympathise for sure.

:x Yup, going to be a massive cleanup (again) for sure. I have 7 acres that I just cleaned up and had lookin' purty... I just hope my pumps still work. I did not go back and look at the equipment pad...

Update, the water went down about an inch.:paddle::hammer::drown::laughblue:

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

IMG_3333.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3335.jpg

IMG_3336.jpg

IMG_3337.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3347.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg

Yeah, I've been watching the radar, y'all have been getting hammered. It's been constantly raining here but fortunately since the 4 inches we got in one night last week, it's only been about 1/2 inch a day now. I've still had to pump the pool down twice though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wow :shock:

Looks like you were launching that boat in one of the pictures.

Is there a drainage problem somewhere that could be fixed? Or is there just no where for the water to go?

Wow :shock:

Looks like you were launching that boat in one of the pictures.

Is there a drainage problem somewhere that could be fixed? Or is there just no where for the water to go?

No, we just got that much ran at once. Almost 8" of rain. Supposed to be another storm coming. It has only gone down about 8" since I posted this morning... I heard the high tide on the coast is causing slow drainage.

We got 11" of rain last night. Clear Lake City has been all over the local news today. Lot of folks went to Rockets playoff parties and couldn't get home after the game. My above ground is still overflowing with excess water.

I must say you have a beautiful piece of property, even with the unexpected lake!

Lol!

And yes, ya"ll got pounded in Clear Lake!

Ok, now I'm looking for some advice on the cleanup...

When the water was finally below the pumps I took the back cover off of my filter pump and put a torpedo heater on it and hit it for about three hours. I shut the breakers off on the controller and flipped the main breaker back on. I then turned the filter pump on and it appears to be working normally.

I went around to the pool and did a quick gumbo, I mean water check. Chlorine was 0 and ph was 7.2. I dumped 2 lbs of 73% shock in there and left to pick up the kiddos. I took another look at the pump and the pressure already went up by about 7. I'll be home in about 15 minutes and will change out the filters and immediately ready the dirty ones.

Careful with using that cal-hypo ... you want to make sure your CH does not climb too high to fast. You have hard water like us ... although if you get much rain, there will be a little dilution :poke: :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.