Question on PROpride Ultra Germicidal Bleach

Sep 6, 2008
Is PROpride Ultra Germicidal Bleach OK for pool use? The label says 6.0% Sodium Hypochlorite and 94.0% Other Ingredients. The EPA Reg. No. is 70271-13-13152. I bought some at Smart&Final before I had price-compared and found that it is no cheaper than Orchard Supply's pool chlorine. :oops: I would like to use it up (I have three 3-qt containers), but my wife will not approve unless it is OKd by at least two independent sources. :(
I am fighting black algae in Northern California.

I looked it up on the 'net. Propride ultra germicidal bleach is actually the same as Pure Bright germicidal ultra bleach. It goes by many different names, depending on the distributer, including Target regular bleach. It seems to be just regular ol' 6% bleach, so it's good for a swimming pool. The only difference between it and liquid chlorine for pools is the percentage of chlorine. Tell your wife to rest easy; she won't feel like clothes in a washer or something using this. :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.