New Build - Spring TX

Google+ images work, but you need to paste them into the Insert Image button, otherwise we have to click on each one.

Like this:

JPG_17932.JPG

Thks tedujam, I'll post the rest.
JPG_17943.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

JPG_17948.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_4264.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_5265.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_6580.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_6718.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_6727.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_6738.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_6746.JPG

Thanks natvtxn27,
Travertine is
Tumbled Ivory Beige in 4 piece Versailles pattern on deck
Ivory Beige coping
Filled Noce 1x2 on waterline
Spa backwall and firepit wall is 2x4 splitface Fantastico.

Pebblesheen is Blue Granite.

robbief00,
thanks, we put in 5 umbrella sockets in deck. Two serving dual purpose for Volleyball net. Another one in the baja shelf.

Looking @ the 2nd last picture with pool almost full, you will see on the right hand side there is one of the swim jets running. There are 2 more of these clustered in that part of wall.
What you are looking at is the 3 pairs of drain pipes along the wall to feed the pumps for each of the swim jets.
Once all three are running, I am expect i won't be able to swim though them. With just the single one on, it can only defeat my breast-stroke.
Waiting on a replacement controller board to get all the pumps up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
robbief00,
thanks, we put in 5 umbrella sockets in deck. Two serving dual purpose for Volleyball net. Another one in the baja shelf.

Looking @ the 2nd last picture with pool almost full, you will see on the right hand side there is one of the swim jets running. There are 2 more of these clustered in that part of wall.
What you are looking at is the 3 pairs of drain pipes along the wall to feed the pumps for each of the swim jets.
Once all three are running, I am expect i won't be able to swim though them. With just the single one on, it can only defeat my breast-stroke.
Waiting on a replacement controller board to get all the pumps up.

Ah yes, I understand now. Those concave ports are the suction (not the return) for the swim jets. Makes sense that they are split just like a normal drain for safety.

Holy macaroni! If you have to ask about how much the electricity bill is going to be, you probably can't afford it.

But seriously, fantastic setup. I get tired swimming the length of my pool (sort of - and it's probably my technique). Can't imaging swimming and never getting to the end - life ring please!

Fortunately they all don't run all the time.
The three (3hp) between the pair with check valves are only on when someone wants the swim jets. Much cheaper than a l-o-n-g pool in the long run.
The two (2hp) with check valves are the waterfall.

That said, it is it on 110Amp (50A+60A) breaker in my House panel.

I'm not comfortable turning. I used to swim between two headlands in the ocean near Sydney before I moved to Texas.
Now I just need to get the sharks in and it will feel like home ;)

I've stood on those headlands. Awesome! I'm sure the sharks keep your adrenaline up.
I'm also sure the swim jets will be fantastic.

Well, we figured out why the valve actuators won't work. The personality board in controller is fried.
Might be next week before that is replaced.
Between storms we got the gas fixtures on the fire pit.
Still needs hookup at the meter and re-burial of gas lines.
Fittings still MIA for the Spa Heater.
I need some decent weather so the stone mason can add a few more boulders to the waterfall to balance the waterflow across all the spillways.
Who knows when that will happen.

Still, your pool looks fantastic! All those little details will get fixed. In the meantime, everyone can swim! Does the dog join in? He looks like he feels left out.... Maybe he's just letting the kids test it first for him!!!

Thanks for sharing your build and gorgeous pictures! This was a treat! Take care. Suz.

Suz, I know it is all little things from here on. I am just at my wits end after over 11 months. That's right months, not weeks.
Trying to keep my eye on the prize, but sometimes I waver and want to strangle someone.
Maverick is certain to be a swimmer, he was a frog hunter when the gunite shell was full of green soup.
Our bigger dog, Cody, is a water hater, so he will be giving the pool a wide berth.

Oh, that's awful. ELEVEN MONTHS.... I would have already strangled someone - especially that chirpy little poster telling me, "All those little details will get fixed!"

Good for Maverick! Gotta love a frog hunter. I have a roach hunter (very helpful), but he won't be swimming.

Keep us updated on knocking off those loose ends. My days of frustration are still ahead of me. I need to know how to wrap it all up. Take care! Suz.

Controller got it's new personality board and it all works a treat.
Fire pit got plumbed and filler with river rocks below the gas ring and lava rock around and above the gas ring.
Maybe next summer I'll spring for some of that fancy fire glass, but I think I want to pay for this little venture first.

f686a29c512b38f817edea2c45a9210a.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.