Pentair Intellibrite 5G LED Light Lens Angle

Apr 14, 2014
Eastvale, CA
Replacing my SAM light due to the common internal leak. Spent countless time with gaskets trying to stop the leak, just to find out it's the cord.
Anyhow, I just received my intellibrite pool light to install and need to rotate the lens to the Narrow beam setting. They come assembled in the Wide beam angle.

Now my question is, I understand Pentair always recommends a new gasket whenever removing the lens, will I need to replace the gasket on a new unit that hasn't been submerged? If so, not sure why they didn't include a spare gasket for this possibility. The install manual does not mention if the gasket must be replaced for this initial beam angle setting.:confused:

I had a similar situation so not quite the same. I changed out my incandescent bulp with a LED one a relatively new light. It had been installed for a couple of months when I made the switch.

I did not use a new gasket, but I made sure the lubricate the exitsing one very well when I put it back together. I didnt have any leaks. I would suspect you would be fine as long as you lube the gaskets well with a silicone based lubricant.

I had a similar situation so not quite the same. I changed out my incandescent bulp with a LED one a relatively new light. It had been installed for a couple of months when I made the switch.

I did not use a new gasket, but I made sure the lubricate the exitsing one very well when I put it back together. I didnt have any leaks. I would suspect you would be fine as long as you lube the gaskets well with a silicone based lubricant.

So pool light gaskets are Ok to silicone lube?
I may try that.

Just contacted pentair, they recommended to replace the gasket with the correct part number and to not use silicone?
The gasket looks like the same as the sam light but has a different part number.
Unfortunately the part number is not in stock anywhere locally.
Wondering if the basic light gasket the sam uses will work.

Of course they want you to buy a new gasket. They're in the business of selling gaskets, lol...

Sure, there's a little risk in reusing gaskets. But I'll be completely honest - while troubleshooting a non working light, I put a new bulb in my OLD fixture, and reused the OLD gasket. Cleaned, no silicone, and no issues (knock on wood).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.