Which Liner... Best Brand? Plastimayd?

shene

May 12, 2015
irwin,pa
I have a 38 year old 4 ft deep octagon Heldor Pool. I had replaced the liner once at about 17 years and now am about to replace the liner again. While pricing liners I ran across one I thought was ok (the dealer seemed to be very stable in the area and helpful). The only question I have is if all liners are like this one as to material and pattern application. I tried one of the sample pieces to hang on t he pool to see which pattern I liked. While hung I got some white paint overspray on the sample. I had some older sample material (about 3 years older) and tried a wipe with a cloth with some laquer thinner to be sure it would no hurt the pattern.. It did not in any way hurt the liner or pattern. Also I tried a wipe on the area of my older cover where it was protected from the elements by the skimmer surround and again, no impact on the pattern. When I wiped the new sample ALL of the pattern came right off on the rag! I do not know if this is a poorer quality of print than I am used to or if all newer vinyls are like this. Anyone know? How can one know if the vinyl and print quality is very good or to be avoided when the liner fabricators do not make it and may change material vendors?

Hello shene and welcome. I'm from SWPA too.

Ya know, I was cringing when you mentioned the laquer thinner. I'm not surprised the ink wiped off.

I have a 38 year old 4 ft deep octagon Heldor Pool. I had replaced the liner once at about 17 years and now am about to replace the liner again. While pricing liners I ran across one I thought was ok (the dealer seemed to be very stable in the area and helpful). The only question I have is if all liners are like this one as to material and pattern application. I tried one of the sample pieces to hang on t he pool to see which pattern I liked. While hung I got some white paint overspray on the sample. I had some older sample material (about 3 years older) and tried a wipe with a cloth with some laquer thinner to be sure it would no hurt the pattern.. It did not in any way hurt the liner or pattern. Also I tried a wipe on the area of my older cover where it was protected from the elements by the skimmer surround and again, no impact on the pattern. When I wiped the new sample ALL of the pattern came right off on the rag! I do not know if this is a poorer quality of print than I am used to or if all newer vinyls are like this. Anyone know? How can one know if the vinyl and print quality is very good or to be avoided when the liner fabricators do not make it and may change material vendors?

What brand did you try?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.