eyeball end piece unscrewed from main fitting.. help!

sjbvt

Jun 6, 2008
Vermont
So I was unscrewing the eyeball fitting from one of the returns and jsut the very end piece unscrewed! The remaining part that is screwed into the return is broken... :( Is there a way to get this thing off so I can put a stopper in there? I am trying to think of a way to somehow chip it away without damaging the screw threads underneath. Dang it ! I was almost going to have a trouble free closing.

There is an eyeball removal tool you can get at the pool store for a few dollars (around $5). It's a handy tool to have. It fits into the two slots on the inside of the fitting so you can unscrew it.

It is very easy to make your own eyeball removal tool, just get a piece of 2X4, about 12 inches long, screw in 2 small bolts at the same distance as the 2 slots on the ring that retains the eyeball. I am sure you get the idea.

Thanks for the tips! I found a pair of electricians pliers used for cutting various sized wire that worked like a charm! After all of that heaving and straining... I put those in the groves and with slight effort the thing unscrewed! Brilliant! thanks again :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.