Any motor heads?

Apr 8, 2015
Chesterfield, mi
I have a Aqua-flo flow master xp2 3.6hp, 2 speed, 48y, 240 volt motor. The start switch is bad, so I have decided to replace the motor. Ordered a Waterway 3hp, 2 speed, 56y, 240 volt motor from Spadepot. Does anyone know of the quality of this motor? Also, has anyone delt with Spadepot? I've read that many people sell pumps and motors together as Waterway, however only the wetend is Waterway and motor is knock off. Not sure if Spadepot is such dealer.

I have a Aqua-flo flow master xp2 3.6hp, 2 speed, 48y, 240 volt motor. The start switch is bad, so I have decided to replace the motor. Ordered a Waterway 3hp, 2 speed, 56y, 240 volt motor from Spadepot.

I'm not sure if I'm reading your post correctly, but if you are JUST changing motors, I think it highly unlikely that the new motor will fit. A Frame 48 motor and a frame 56 motor have virtually nothing in common, including shaft size and mounting flange. The "Y" modifier says that something is "different," but not what.... in this case, probably the shaft is threaded.

You may want to double check the fit....

The new pump and motor come complete. Both the old pump and new pump are 2 inch in and out side discharge. I know mounting will be different for new pump, however I seem to have plenty of room to adjust as needed. Am I wrong in thinking this is possible? I'm a DIY kinda guy and it seems possible to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.