TA looks like it's approaching a normal amount for a spa. In mine, I let the TA get to 40-50 and my pH rise slows by quite a bit. Higher than that and the pH rise is very quick, depending on how much I run the jets.

Let the TA live in the 40-50 range... before adding baking soda to bring back to 50-60. You'll have less pH rise, less acid use.

My fill water is 120 TA so I know the pain after a new fill of constant acid additions.

Last edited:
If you still struggle with pH rise at 50 TA, you could add borates to attempt to stabilize pH some, but be sure that TA is 50-60 before adding borates. You can buy pH balanced borate solutions such as Gentle Spa to add borates easily. A cheaper but much more of a hassle method of adding borates is using borax and... acid. Because of the low volume of spas, it's not that expensive to add borates as a pH balanced product. Pools on the other hand, it's much more expensive to add pH balanced borates, so in pools people tend to add borates with the borax/acid method.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.