pH Swing/Acid use

Hello. This has been ongoing since pool install...My plaster/pebble pool is a year old now and I am still having to add acid about every other day due to high pH. Is this normal for anyone else? Here are my test results:

FC- 5
pH-8.2 down to 7.4 with almost a half gallon of muriatic acid this morning
TA- 60
CH- 375(may be lower if "violet" counts as turning blue)
CYA- 20( I added 2 lbs of stabilizer 2 weeks ago and still getting low result)

Just for fun, I tested with the strips just to compare and my pH ALWAYS reads the same, 7.2. Can't believe they can sell such worthless ****!
I live in central Texas where the water is very hard and the pool was filled with well water, fyi.

This may be a dumb question but what happens to all of that acid? It cannot be good to have to add so much so often right? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any advice you can give.
Andrea

Is TA not affected by the addition of acid? Because I have added a LOT of acid over the last year.

Does your spa spillover run as default? Acid + aeration lowers TA...(oversimplified).

I am having the same experience as you. I add approx 25oz MA every 2 days to keep my pH around 7.4. My fill water is also high like yours. (I don't remember the actual numbers on the fill water, but the pH is 8.0-8.2. My TA is 50.....if it drops any more I'll have to fix that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.