Numbers okay?

Jun 8, 2014
Rogers, AR
I was a pool newbie last year. We bought our house on August 1, 2014. I have been using this method since day one and my water was better than I ever dreamed. I never knew pool water could be so beautiful. I felt fairly comfortable with testing, my equipment, and my methods.

Over the winter I went through pool school 4-5 times and this year I feel like I have gotten my Masters degree! This year I am playing with my numbers and I think I have found my sweet spot. I run some DE in my filter (also last year) and the water clarity is blowing last years away and I have to believe it is my levels.

FC 5.5
CC 0
CH 100
TA 80
CYA 28
PH 7.5

The only thing I have added this year is bleach and two pucks. I have had significant dumping with all of the rain. I was trying to keep my CYA at around 35 but with all the rain it keeps dropping. We are in for another week of rain so I am going to leave it alone for now. I am watching it though because I am in AR and my pool gets full sun all day.

Are these levels acceptable or am I missing something? I am perfectly happy with water quality but the idea of borating keeps calling me.

Everything looks good :goodjob:

A CYA of 28ppm is kind of an odd number to report. Generally just round up to an even 10.

No problem using trichlor to add some CYA, but realize it may not add it as fast as you think. In your pool, one 8oz tablet will only add 1.5ppm of CYA.

Thnx, no it has just been a wet spring here.

I know we round it up CYA so technically it would be 30 and that is what I am basing my chlorine target at. I like to keep my chlorine on the higher side.

Hopefully this next week is the last of the rain for awhile.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.