Setting up pool this weekend. Plumbing question

Mar 26, 2015
houma, LA
I'm setting up my 22'x56"(I think its 56") intex pool this weekend. This is the second year we have it, and I'm trying to do it right this time so we can leave it up permanently. I ordered a through wall skimmer to install, and the installation seems pretty straight forward. What I would like to do is replace the intake suction with the eyeball return that came with the through wall skimmer, giving me two returns. I'm new at this, but I'm thinking that would make things better. So here are my questions:
1. Will having two returns be worth it?
2. How do I tie in the through wall skimmer to the pump?
3. If I go with two returns, how do I make that happen?
I've looked through the forum and online, and I found write ups explaining how to make the connections to go from the threaded intex connection to PVC. I've also found pics of pools hard piped. I've found threads explaining the process, but the pictures are not available. I'm the kind of person I have to see something to understand it. I can't just read it and get it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone in south Louisiana willing to come help would be appreciated with cold beer and BBQ.

You do not need 2 returns. That is way over kill.

You can find a mountain of modifications in the above ground pool forum.

You do not need 2 returns. That is way over kill.

You can find a mountain of modifications in the above ground pool forum.

So if I just keep one return, can you tell me what I should to with the existing intake (not sure if my terminology is right) after installing the through wall skimmer? Should I just leave it there and keep the valve closed? or is there some way to seal it up? And thank you for your reply

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.