Some completion pics

Jun 24, 2008
East of Dallas
Here is a before pic of the yard:

YArdBefore.jpg

And an after shot.

After.jpg

Still a work in progress. Back fencing is next to be replaced.

The Mermaid Queen said:
very nice! I like that you kept the trees!

Thank you. Keeping the biggest pear tree was a pre-requisite for us. The tree produces about 300 pears a season. :) Also provides some excellent shade with the bench in the pool just underneath it.

Our friends would have been disappointed if they did not get their yearly bag full. :D

Really nice. I like how you incorporated your trees and existing landscaping. Many people would have removed the pear tree, I think. It looks good there and you appear to be treating it as a member of the family. I like that a lot.

The Mermaid Queen said:
Tonedeaf said:
Also provides some excellent shade with the bench in the pool just underneath it.

Just have to watch out that you don't do a replay of Newton 'discovering' gravity!! ((bonk!))
Ha Ha!

Wife had a Cast Away moment the other evening. She was out sweeping the decking and started hearing branches move etc. Then heard a thunk on the ground. She came running inside as she was spooked by it. I went out and came back in laughing with a pear in hand.

For those hat have not seen or do not remember, Tom Hanks' character is on a deserted island and gets spooked by falling coconuts hitting the ground at night. :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.