Newbie trying to open pool - sand filter gauge seems stuck

cdooer

May 12, 2015
Ottawa
Hello. We put our pool in mid summer last year, so this is my first time attempting to open it. Everything seems to be going well, water is nice and clear. Filled it, got the pump and everything up and running, put some super shock in it and thought I was golden. I had a quick look at the pressure gauge on the sand filter, and regardless of whether or not the pump is on, the gauge is wrapped all the way around and is stuck on the stopper thing. Can I assume the gauge is bad? I'd call the guy who installed the pool, but he is impossible to get in touch with, so I've given up on him. Have a look at the pic;

IMG_1567.jpg

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Sorry you found us under these circumstances.... Yes, the gauge is bad.

You really want a quality glycerin-filled gauge that doesn't go a high as your old one. 6p PSI just doesn't give the detail you want most of the time. 30 is fine for pool use

Check here

Witht he pump off you should just be able to unscrew the old one and screw in the new one.

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Sorry you found us under these circumstances.... Yes, the gauge is bad.

You really want a quality glycerin-filled gauge that doesn't go a high as your old one. 6p PSI just doesn't give the detail you want most of the time. 30 is fine for pool use

Check here

Witht he pump off you should just be able to unscrew the old one and screw in the new one.

I just bought one of these gauges, and noticed that it says its freeze protected down to -4º F. It gets colder than that here in Ottawa on a regular basis in the winter. Should I just play it safe, and take it out and bring it in the house and store it in the basement during the winter? I do this with the pump already.

I just bought one of these gauges, and noticed that it says its freeze protected down to -4º F. It gets colder than that here in Ottawa on a regular basis in the winter. Should I just play it safe, and take it out and bring it in the house and store it in the basement during the winter? I do this with the pump already.

Sounds like a very good idea. That is what I would do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.