Why would it be switching off during the day ...

wpturner05

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 30, 2015
Reading PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Good Morning TFP -

I completed SLAM a few weeks ago and during that time was suspicious that my SWG was not working. Last week - I went out to check the diagnostic numbers and the cell voltage and cell output were just a bit high - I was a bit suspect since I remembered them running about 25 and 5 ish last year.

Anyway - I checked it again at some point and I notice the cell voltage read 33.4 and the cell output 0 - yet the power and generating lights were still on. I called the manufacturer (Hayward) and all I had to do was power it off - let it sit and then turn it back on - VOILA!!

I checked it the next few mornings to be sure it was turning back on when the pump turned on and indeed it was turning on with appropriate numbers roughly 26 and 6 respectively.

Last night - when I went to check on everything - I decided to check diagnostics for no reason whatsoever and lo and behold the voltage was 33+ and the output 0 ….

Is this normal? I have it set to 60%. My FC is holding just fine and my water is clear … but soon enough, summer is here and I have a lot of trips planned where I will be having someone else care for the pool - the SWG cell voltage and cell output were not something I was planning on teaching …!

Thanks for any input you may have.

You probably caught it during the 40% time that it is off. I don't remember the timing they use, but they all use a set time frame. Set at 60% it will generate chlorine 60% of the time. Like if the time it uses is a 2hr window it will be on for 72 minutes and off for 48 minutes. They don't make 60% of max capacity of chlorine all the time, they make chlorine 60% of the time.

As far as the time when it said it was generating chlorine, but it was not, that is a mystery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.