Need help hooking up solar to an EasyTouch

Brannon132

Platinum Supporter
May 5, 2015
Enumclaw, Wa
Hey guys I have an EasyTouch/IC40 coming that I want to hook up to solar panels. The problem I'm having is that I got 2 different actuator part numbers from Pentair. :confused:

I think I need the solar valve part # 263047
The solar sensor part # 520272

What actuator do I need is it the 90 or 180 degree One?
Part # 263043 or part #263045?

From my research it looks like I also need two check valves one after the filter but before the solar valve and one after the solar panels but before the bypass T

Is this the correct setup?

Thanks in advance, Brannon

My setup uses a 90* actuator. Depends how you plumb it. Yes, you need a check valve after the filter before the valve. And another check valve after the panels and before the bypass so that when solar is bypassed water isn't pumped to the panels in reverse.

Most actuators can be adjusted to stop at any angle ... I know the cheaper Intermatic ones can. And you can use any actuator you want, does not have to be Pentair.

Also, it is usually best that the common pipe (from filter in this case) is the middle port on the 3-way as you get better control.

They are all plug and play. They use the same style plug. Just plug it in. The manual shows you how to adjust the internal cams to get the desired rotations.

I am using the Intermatic version. They are all virtually identical.

The Intermatic only sells 1 as far as I know ... and you can adjust it to turn 10 degrees or 93 degrees or 147 degrees or 351 degrees or spin in circles if you want.

I had never heard of a 90 vs 180 actuator before you brought it up. Maybe that just means that Pentair has set the cams for you to try to make them dummy proof ;)

It can get confusing to visualize. All valve actuators are the same. All can be adjusted to move 90* or 180*.

Here is a pic of my solar valve, etc.

Solar valve.jpg

Lower left from filter
Upper left to solar panels
Upper right from solar panels
Lower right to SWG and back to pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.