Waterfall foaming

mariog

Apr 27, 2015
Austin/Texas
Hi-

New to the TFPC method, but I can already tell a difference in my water. I bought the house last year and used pucks (like the previous owner) to chlorinate the pool and bag/powder to shock. Anyway, pool looks great, but I can't figure out how to stop the small amounts of foam from the waterfall (pic attached). Any advice is much appreciated.

FC - 7
PH - 7.5
TA - 100
CH - 600
CYA - 75

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 41
Thanks, Richard! I've been very careful in choosing my bleach, making sure it's regular. I did use Phosfree (advice from pool store) about 3 weeks ago, when I noticed the foam getting worse. I thought it would work itself out over time, but it doesn't seem to be getting better.

My plan is to do a full filter wash this weekend and hope that takes care of the problem. I'll report back then.

thanks!
Mario

Some brands of trichlor tablets and shocks are not 100% pure meaning they have added other things to it such as algaecides, clarifiers, borates or who knows what. Some non-hazardous ingredients are proprietary meaning they dont have to tell exactly what it is.

I suppose if you let us know exactly what you have been putting in the pool then maybe someone can pinpoint the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.