May 9, 2014
Nashville tn
Hi everybody. I am a true believer as you guys set me up last year. I followed everything last year and just got to the point that I added about two cups of bleach a night and tested weekly and had awesome success. This year I am having a new problem. Of course I just opened the pool and yes it is still green, but I'm working on that. The issue I have is the pollen that is accumulating. It is sticking to the water faster than the filter can remove it. I woke up this morning and it look like it snowed in the pool. Is there a good method to battle this? image.jpg

I have been running the filter around the clock. I tried the skimmer sock but it only lasted minutes since there is lots of stuff being filtered out right now. I could try it again now that I think most of the chunky stuff is out. I spent yesterday in the pool in my chest waders sweeping and pulling out leaves and nuts.

My pool will look like that if the filer is not running. Once it's on, it clears up pretty quickly. I've used skimmer socks in the past, but I find them to be more trouble than they are worth. They will collect the finer stuff, but don't want to have to clean them every day. It's the filters job.

Yeah, I can't use skimmer socks during high pollen season unless I stand there and swap them out every few minutes. I have had to clean my cartridges 3 times this spring and it probably needs another cleaning.

I thought we were past that until TS Ana just decided to stay for a while.... I'm retired, so I can take care of it pretty effectively, sock after sock after sock, but just be patient... there is a lot of stuff in the pool, a lot more is falling and blowing, there's one you and about 9 gazillion pollen laden plants. It will pass...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I guess it doesn't help living in the greenest state. I tried the sock last night and it clogged after less than 30 minutes. I wanted to let the pump run all night so I took the sock off. It looked a little better today but it seems I will never keep up. I cleaned my filter Saturday and I think it needs it again. This is going to be a long spring. At least I can now clearly see the second step and make out the others. The people at Walmart keep asking me if I have a crime scene I am trying to clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.