Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
I am stepping down as site admin and as a moderator. After more than six years as the site admin, and a couple more before that as a moderator, it is time for me to move on.

Aside from my bright red Site Admin badge changing to a light blue TFP Expert badge, you shouldn't see any changes in the forum. Leebo took over most of my admin duties several months ago, and we have quite a few wonderful moderators.

SeanB first established the forum in 2007. Shortly after, he enlisted Jason's help to administer the forum and manage our software (phpbb)

I know many of you don't know the history of TFP.....it's worth a review. SeanB established this forum in 2007. Probably 5 months or so into it, he enlisted the assistance of Jason Lion to help with the technical side.

SeanB then sold the forum to me and I asked Jason to take complete administrative responsibility for TFP. He has done so for the past 7 years.

With his guidance, the forum has grown from a core of about 50 or so dedicated members to current membership of almost 80,000. To say that we'll miss Jason's expertise is obvious.

We are looking forward to Jason's participation as a TFP Expert......there is none better.

The transition will be smooth. We have asked a New member (Red Neckerson) to become technical admin for our forum. He brings a really in-depth knowledge of vbulletin to us and will be able to handle our current volume as well as future growth. He currently operates 2 other vbulletin forums so we are in good hands.

Thanks once again to JasonLion for getting us to this point. The future is bright.

What I have seen on the tech side here so far could only be the result of excellent work over many years by Jason. This by all appearances is a very good example of a excellent, high performing, vBulletin installation and I am pleased to become a part of it. It stands as a example of Jason's dedication and capabilities and he deserves utmost respect and admiration for what he's accomplished here. Not only transitioning the board from phpBB to vBulletin (I've done that a couple of times too and it can really be a pain in the neck) but also having it running as smoothly as it does.

I'm not inheriting any problems here and that's a testament to Jason as well. Making it even better, is he will still be here as a contributing member and letting me bend his ear a bit from time to time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What I have seen on the tech side here so far could only be the result of excellent work over many years by Jason. This by all appearances is a very good example of a excellent, high performing, vBulletin installation and I am pleased to become a part of it. It stands as a example of Jason's dedication and capabilities and he deserves utmost respect and admiration for what he's accomplished here. Not only transitioning the board from phpBB to vBulletin (I've done that a couple of times too and it can really be a pain in the neck) but also having it running as smoothly as it does.

I'm not inheriting any problems here and that's a testament to Jason as well. Making it even better, is he will still be here as a contributing member and letting me bend his ear a bit from time to time.

Welcome aboard Red. I love your signature.

Does retirement come along with a TFP Pension?

Seriously, I've been awol for a few years, but have returned to see the site humming along and running on something obviously better than a PII. No spam, flame wars, dups, run and moderated very well. Job well done to Jason and all other mods.

when I first joined TFP I always was amazed at Jason's knowledge of pools and their workings. Then as moved up as a moderator I once again was amazed at his abality to organize and control the site as he has. Then after taking on an admin position his abilities to keep the forum running as smooth as he has once again amazed me. I've got a HUGE set of shoes to fill with Jason's departure, but I can't wait to see how Jason amazes me as we proceed into the next phase of TFP!

I thank Jason for all he has done to not only help TFP, but also the pool industry. Your contributions to the forums growth have helped thousands!

Lee

If we had only known in advance we would have sent you a cake or something, I am glad to hear that you are still going to be around Jason, and hopefully you can relax a bit and enjoy life a bit more.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.