Hayward Super Pump 1 1/2hp making noise.

May 11, 2015
wyckoff,nj
My hayward super pump 1 1/2 hp model 1610Z1M making a noise. I don't think it the bearing because no noise on start-up but after 2 or 3 minutes makes a noise. I've tried to attach a drop box video with audio.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lps6t2347k7t0hf/20150507_163028.mp4?dl=0

the rear of the armature seems to be bucking up and down a bit causing it to strike something inside the casing. is there a seal or something i can replace to keep the armature held steady?

I have (had) the same model pump, which the previous owner of my home said he had rebuilt two years ago. On Saturday morning it started making some noises, by Saturday afternoon it tripped the breaker. When I turned the breaker back on and tried re-powering the pump, it shot fire out the side vent and tripped the breaker again. My solution was to bite the bullet and replace it with a Sta-Rite 3 HP Variable speed. I was planning on junking the old single speed anyway but was hoping to get another month out of it. Good luck, I hope you can fix it cheaply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.