Looking for my 1st cleaner

I have a 20X40 and a Polaris 280. It came with the pool/house. I was wondering how good it really was until the leaves started falling last year. That thing will flat out clean up a pool. I need to get a skimmer sock or a finer bag for it so it does better at getting the finer particles up, but it does pick up most everything. What it doesn't pick up gets put back up in the water so the filter can catch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too have a 280 and it does clean the pool well. All larger stuff ends up in the bag, including small toys and sometimes even goggles. Smaller particles and dirt are continuously blown around until they end up in the filter.

What I wish it would do better, which a robot would do, is sweep the sides of the pool I've noticed over the years that the walls are showing a bit of discoloration due to not being swept as much. I can scrub it off with a stainless bristle brush, but that is a pain.

Still given my choices, I'm fairly lazy and don't want to have to manage a robot. The 280 stays in the pool all the time, runs on the timer and just keeps it clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.