ProTeam Mustard & Black Magic use?

May 5, 2012
Oconee, Georgia
ProTeam Mustard & Black Magic use?

I just checked a friends pool he needs to shock. His fav level is 0 and cc was 2. The problem is his cya level is somewhere around 100 first time I gotv90 second time 100. He is using a salt chlorinate. It would take a lot of bleach to shock this pool. Has anyone tried ProTeam Mustard & Black Magic? Partial drain to lower cya is not possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Ph 7
Fc 0
Cc 2
Ta 70
Ch 230
Cya 90-100

Anything but bleach is hocus pocus, hokum, snake oil, astrology, ponzi scheme, etc. etc. The only solution is more bleach. If partial drain is not acceptable (ANYTHING is possible) then that's the option. If partial drain is not acceptable, the what about reverse osmosis treatment? You'll have to specify why partial drain is not acceptable.

Gotcha. Well then, the options are still there for CYA removal:
1. Reverse osmosis. Expensive, limited availability.
2. Drain and have a truck haul in water. Additional expense.
3. SLAM at that very high CYA value. 39 FC (SLAM level for 100 CYA) is achievable, just takes a lot of bleach. You also need to verify by dilution testing that the CYA is actually 100 and not higher.

After reading your edited posts and actually bothering to look up the contents of the product, it might be an option, with some side effects. I apologize, any time I see Dr. Fuzzy's Super Awesome Magical Bomb of Sexy Poolness... I get frothy at the mouth from being fed up with magic bullets sold at outrageous prices...

Anyway, check this post here for details: http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...-Mustard-Algae?p=130785&viewfull=1#post130785 (the Bromine section)

Short answer is that it's like any designer drug that you're supposed to talk to your doctor about. Side effects will be there as a disclaimer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.