Ordered the wrong chemicals

Jul 17, 2014
Joplin, Mo
So being an idiot I went to amazon to order replacements for my chlorine test. I searched Taylor chlorine test reagent and ordered the biggest bottle.

What I didn't know was there are apparently two different styles of chlorine test. R-0871 which is what I wanted and R-0001/R-0002 which is what I ordered. Is there a way I can use the chemical I received? Like a color chart I can print out to compare?

Thanks!

Thanks! before I waste $30 more can you check that this is what I actually want? Does the E at the end make a difference?

https://www.taylortechnologies.com/products_reagent_Info.asp?MarketID=-1&ReagentID=2445

That's the one... It's all the FAS-DPD titrating reagent.

R-0871 is the .75oz bottle.
R-0871-C is the 2oz bottle.
R-0871-E is the 16oz bottle (I bought this one too to refill my tiny .75oz dropper).
R-0871-F is the 32oz bottle (just found out about this one...)

I am not sure I would trust the remaining reagent to be any good after using 14+ oz. I mean I only use about 2 oz a year ... and the regents are only good for a couple years before they may go bad.

Yeah I went for the 16oz the 32oz was a good deal, but there is no way I will use that much unless my pool is just a swap all year...

If that is the case I think I have bigger problems than my testing. A SLAM burns through the reagent last year I had to do 2 opening and after vacation. I have already started one this year but I ran our of 0871 after the first day, opened the new stuff only to find out it was bright pink which I guess means it still has FC but lord knows how much....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.