AGP'S And Saltwater Chlorine Generators

I think SWG are fine with an above ground pool. The risk is that splash out will leave salt on the steel frame which will eventually cause corrosion. This will be a slow process, many years in most cases, and can be avoided by ocassionally hosing down the exposed steel with a garden hose. Several SWG are sold specifically for above ground pools.

Here's MY two cents worth....
A pool is a pool is a pool, regardless of if it's above ground or in ground; vinyl liner, fiberglass, or plaster; 1,000 gallons or 100,000 gallons. You still have water to treat.

There IS no difference in the operation of an above ground salt system or in ground system. It's usually marketed to aboveground pools because they've taken alot of bells and whistles out of it. Basically, given you a simple system. The logic is that above ground pools don't normally cost as much or are as big as in ground pools. Therefore you're not likely to spend as much on a salt system.

An abg pool, with 20,000 gallons will need to be treated just the same as an in ground 20,000 gallon pool. Period!

There. I've said it.

:x

Back to watching the rain fall here in SUNNY SOUTH FLORIDA! Now who was doing that rain dance?????

Yeah yeah....I know..it's those darn dancin Texans doing native rain dances... gggrrrrrr :rant:

OK...I think Jason answered it well. Occasional rinsing of your pool walls will negate any corrosion issues. Rain fall, LIKE WHAT I'M GETTING TODAY, :hammer: will also rinse down the salt.

Now if I can just get my whip to reach far enough..... :whip:

Ok, SORRY. Buggs told me to blow hard to get it to move away from here towards the South, but my aim was off to the SE......

I agree on the salt issue. A good rinse and your good as new. The parts that are in constant contact are covered by a liner anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.