Pool water odor

Jul 21, 2011
I have had my pool open for a couple weeks now, water is clear and balanced.

What I am finding though is that I have a perfume type smell from my water. Because I live in canada I use RV Antifreeze in my water lines when closing my pool for the winter.

I suspect that this is the smell I am getting from the water as some of the antifreeze makes it into the pool water when I open it. I do my best to blow the lines out so the antifreeze doesn't go into the pool.

Any way I could possibly get rid of this odor from my water or will it just come out over time?

I get the same thing. I try to remove as much of the antifreeze as possible but can never get it all. If you have a cover leave it open as much as possible until the smell dissipates. That is what I have to do.

At the beginning of the swimming year, right after I open, I will raise the FC level up above "normal" and that seems to take care of it.

Not sure how you sanitize your pool but I have to use LC until my water gets warm enough for the SWG to work right. So I just dump in a little extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.