Difference between these flow switches?

Apr 24, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
For a few days, my system was telling me I had a bad flow switch. It wouldn't do so right away; it would come on after a few hours of running. It pulled the switch out and it looks normal, and the phone line bypass has kept my light off after two days of running. I'm guessing the flow switch is shot.

I found them on Amazon but there are some different model names with pics that look the same.

What is the difference between the Hayward GLX-FLO-RP and the Hayward GLX-FLO-HP? One mentions Aqua Logic, the other doesn't, but I can't tell there is a difference. They're both prices within $0.20 of each other ($44).

There is also one sold by a different company that appears to be the same and comes with the T for $9 less than the other two. I don't need the T, but for $9 I may just buy that if it is the same thing.

Can someone tell me the difference between these and/or if they will all work with a T-15 and an Aqua Logic controller?

Hayward GLX-FLO-RP

Hayward GLX-FLO-HP

Flow Switch Assembly with Tee Replacement Kit For GLX-FLO-RP Hayward Chlorine Generators

I believe that the part numbers are the only thing that are different. The -RP is the part number of the replacement, and the -HP is part number of the one originally supplied in a salt generator kit.

The one with the "T" is made by a 'generic' mfg. Unless you want the Hayward name on it, the generic works just fine.

I believe that the part numbers are the only thing that are different. The -RP is the part number of the replacement, and the -HP is part number of the one originally supplied in a salt generator kit.

The one with the "T" is made by a 'generic' mfg. Unless you want the Hayward name on it, the generic works just fine.

That is what I was guessing, but wanted to confirm. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.