Can I convert a stenner 45mp2 to a 45mphp10

rig2

Platinum Supporter
Dec 26, 2014
Linda, Ca
I have a chance of getting a good used low pressure 10 gpd 45mp2 for a free through a work friend. The pump tube needs to be replaced and its missing the injection point. Through my research and searches here, can I get the the high pressure pump tubes and a check valve and it be a high pressure set up? Online and in the manuals the pumps and heads and rollers are the same parts just different tubes and injection/check valve?
Is it possible that i can get a high pressure setup for just the cost of the pump tubes and the check valve. Or should I just stick with the low pressue items since i know that it will definately work. I really would like to get a chlorine injection system going.
Thanks

It's certainly possible to convert the 45MP2 to a 45MPHP10. All it requires is a #2 tube and an injection fitting. There are two differences between the high pressure and low pressure models. 1) The injection fitting and 2) not all the pump tubes are rated for use in pressures up to 100 PSIG. They will fit the pumps, but just aren't rated as high as the rest.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.