Used flex pipe when building inground pool

tpm

Sep 6, 2008
NY
Hello
Not knowing about termites and flex pipe before we had our inground vinyl pool put in the question is... Anything I can do now or just sit back and wait? The concrete / brick border patio is going in this coming Spring. I live on Long Island
We did take down a 12 year old above ground pool with no liner damage if that is a plus. And what is the percent of pools going in that use this flex pipe and is the cost difference that great?

Thanks

Hi Tom -

I'm in central VA and I used flex pipe on my inground pool. I was not aware of a termite problem until I read your post. Termites are not a big issue here but I will be paying attention now. :shock:

The pool company I bought the kit from uses flex pipe for just about all their installs. It is run inside a length of drain tile in case it needs to be replaced. Hopefully yours was done the same way. It was a little more expensive for materials, but it was much easier for a diy person to install.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.