Pentair SunTouch Controller

scott39

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2015
South Park, PA
A SunTouch controller came with my pool. The main purpose was to return the heated water to the bottom of the deep end. Specifically, when the SunTouch controller called for heat, it would turn the heat on and turn a valve to divert the water from the return jets to a return in the bottom of the deep end. The installer called this return heat.

Unfortunately, the controller never worked right.

After fighting with algae last year (since I didn't know about TFP last year) i didn't have time to get into the details of the controller. This winter i vowed to get it working.

I believe I am almost there.

When I manually turn on the heat with the hi-temp button (up arrow on control panel), the heater turns on and the valve turns. When the temperature exceeds the set point, the heater turns off and valve return to normal position (returns water through the jets).

Now I am noticing that the heater doesn't turn on when the temperature falls below the set point.

I have the controller set for single body mode and the valve is connected to valve C and set for the heater circuit. From the system menu, the system is set to auto.

In my opinion, the manual is not great.

Any experience with this controller?

You are correct, the manual is less than great. :) I don't have a Suntouch or a heater so I'm just taking a swag at this based on how the Solartouch works and what I have read.

Is heat enabled? It is on auto but I think heat also needs to be enabled. On my Solartouch heat and/or cool need to be enabled independently for either or both to operate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.