Rectangular cover on freeform pool?

Kelleyaynn

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
Wilmington, DE
I opened my pool this weekend, and clearly our loop-loc cover has seen better days. Unfortunately, we needed to get a new furnace this winter, and a new loop-loc is not an option at the moment. I was wondering if anyone has ever used a rectangular cover (the type you use water bags to hold down) over a freeform pool, at least temporarily. Seems to me it ought to work, and would be cheap enough until we can afford to replace the loop-loc. I've tried to research it, but am coming up blank. Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks!

Kelley

It works great. We had to get an over-sized rectangle to cover our irregular shaped pool with swim outs. We used water bags to hold it down and it worked flawlessly. Doesn't look great, but it works well, even in high winds.

Works fine. The only thing I would add is look into getting a "leaf cover" that goes on top of the solid cover if your pool has a lot of trees nearby. This makes pumping the water off the cover in the Spring much easier...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.