did my liner shrink?

kaju

May 10, 2015
Shreveport LA
this is my first post so please excuse me if I do not get it right the first time. lol
I built my pool last a year ago. I installed the liner and kept the pool one year and everything was fine. I had to drain the pool to do a repair a week ago. the pool was empty about three days. As I tried to fill the pool again as soon as the water got to about the depth of about 6-8 inches the liner pulled itself off. in two spots. I drained the water and tried to put the liner back on and adjust the liner but it did the same thing again. After three attempts I gave up. I am now here asking advice. Thank you in advance for any help.

Welcome to the forum. Is your liner in a track as in a J-hook or beaded liner? How OLD is the liner? I assume this is an above ground pool? Please add a signature line to your profile listing your pool type and equipment.

You said it sat empty for 3 days. My guess is yes the liner did shrink. It is not recommend to do a complete drain and refill on a vinyl liner pool as it could shrink. I am sure someone else will be along to give you more info. I am sorry this happened.

Welcome.

Unfortunately, you have shrunk the liner by leaving it sit empty and bake in the Sun. You're going to need a new liner. For future references, you never have to do a complete drain unless you're replacing the liner. What kind of repairs were you doing?

An animal dug underneath the pool and the track that the wall sits in was separated from the wall and the liner was protruding between the track and the wall. It was just a matter of time before the there was a major disaster. But now I have I have a new disaster. LOL I guess that's my luck.

Well, at least you only need a new liner and not a new pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.