My pool is falling down

May 8, 2013
Louisiana
I have installed a 18 x 33 AGP on one end the support pipes have flattened out and the wall is buckling. Is this fixable? The pool was about 18 inches from being full when this was discovered. I have not cut the skimmer or return jets out yet. I'll get som pics very soon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 119
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
When a pool buckles and bulges like that, it can only mean one thing, that area is too high, meaning your ground is not level.

You put the top rails on so it's got that wall essentially locked in place. As you add the water, the frame isn't moving but the walls start to bulge,buckle and pop out of the tracks.

I'm sorry but... You need to drain the pool immediately and relevel the site.

While draining the pool we used a transit and checked for level at every support post. It was within a quarter of an inch all the way around. The pool is on Louisiana red clay it is so hard that a bobcat couldn't break ground. We did find that the measurements were off not sure how this happened. Instead of 33 ft 2 inches we had 32 ft 10 inches several other places were of by an inch or so. What I am thinking is that as the pool filled the pool walls moved and the legs didn't and that caused the collapse. Does this sound feasible? I have everything back in place and filling it back up again. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Good luck! If that was my problem, I'd be saying some very colorful words! lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.