Help black algae

Fugazi

Apr 9, 2015
Saint Augustine Fl
I had mustard algae a few weeks back and it was gone and I did the overnight test and it was fine.

However we have these frogs that come in from our neighbors pool which is a pond now.

Anyways I see These black specs around the bottom of the pool where it looks rough(my pool needs to be resurfaced)

I tried scrubbing with a normal brush but it doesn't move so it must be algae right?

It seems to be popping up in other parts of the pool. However the frog eggs look similar but when I have the filter running they actually move.

Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

I read the FAQ but will a wire brush damage the pool surface?

Here are my current readings from the TFT100 kit

6 FC
0 Combined Chlorine
6 total chlorine
7.5 ph
250 calcium
80 TA
40 CYA
View attachment 36261

Ps
I'm going to get a mesh to prevent the frogs from entering my yard as I believe they are movibg the algae from the pool next door to mine :(

The wire brush is needed to break the algae up ... it the plaster is over a year old it should be pretty hard, but if the plaster is really old like it sounds, the brushing could remove some of the plaster.

If it needs resurface, why worry about damaging it?

I would SLAM that pool. You don't want or need frogs in there and the higher chlorine will drive them out, I think.

I don't think that's black algae which occurs in pools that are badly neglected over a period of time. Keep brushing it daily during the SLAM and I bet it will go away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.