Thank you, Ana....

Aug 19, 2014
Shallotte, NC
....for overfilling my pool with leaves, sticks, fronds, and water!

So, here's the question: any advice for those in harm's way from hurricanes, tropical storms, and tropical depressions? I know I'm going to be doing some serious leaf raking and skimming. Should I just dash out and throw some bleach in, just-in-case... I'm NOT quicker than lightning, but it is better than holding an aluminum skimmer pole up in the air....

And I'll definitely be pumping some water out.

Any thoughts?

Stock up on bleach! You probably won't lose power in a tropical storm, but if anything knocks out power for more than a day and you have storm debris in the pool you may need to slam. Wait until after the storm to add bleach. As long as the pool is overflowing adding bleach is pointless.

My experience with Ike was going from crystal clear to black with in 3 days. We had to evacuate and didn't have power for a week after we came home. I fished branch after branch out of my pool. I also had quite a few torn up roof shingles. Once power was back and I could slam the pool cleared up pretty quick.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.