Paramount PCC Nozzle stuck

poolintern

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Arcadia, CA
Hello all,

I recently decided to take the care of my pool into my own hands and am new to the forum. I have been working on getting my Paramount PCC 2000 in-floor cleaning system to function properly for the past couple of weeks and I think I'm just about there. All of my zones now cycle properly, but I always have dirt in the same place every morning after the cleaning cycle.

All of the nozzles come up and spray, but one in particular tends to get stuck in the up position, and hence not rotate. It is not spraying when its zone is off, and is easy to push back down, so my diagnosis is that there's just some junk stuck in there. I've been trying to remove the nozzle with the Paramount tool, without any luck. It's one of the smaller step nozzles, so it rotates counterclockwise to loosen (I have double checked this on the other step nozzles). I can turn it the 1/4 turn, but there's quite a bit of resistance, and it just will not come out.

I've tried spraying around it with a hose, pulling up on it with my finger in the spray jet, turning repeatedly cw/ccw to try to loosen whatever grit is in there, but no luck. I eventually broke my removal tool. Anyone have a trick to get these things out when they get stuck like this?

Thanks!

Unfortunately brute force is usually the only thing that works getting them out. One thing you can try is to unlock it and then turn on the system and let it cycle through the zone where that nozzle is and see if it'll push it out. There's probably a piece of sand or something wedged between the housing and the nozzle.

Yeah, tried that the other day too :(

Maybe if I put bricks on all the other nozzles in that station it will build up enough pressure...:idea:

Otherwise I guess I just need to work out more and try again in a few weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.