pro series liner with intex frame

Has anybody else tried replacing an intex liner with a pro series?
Here's the semi short version. We picked up a used 24x52 ultra frame with sand filter and the original un used pump for 350 last summer. Brought it home and set it up. Started filling it, Both drains leaked. Drained it and cleaned the drains and refilled. Found a leak in another section. Had to have happened in transit because it had water in it when we helped take it down. Takes forever to drain. Same day water is draining, we get wind. 25-30mph Nebraska south wind. Come home from work and find it 20 feet from where it was, waded up in a pile. Liner torn. Checked prices, liner was 600 shipped. It was late summer so we packed it away for the winter. Went to order this spring after taxes and find out that the 24 foot round is discontinued and there is none available. Found the pro series 24x52 liner online. Measurements are listed the same, same number of poles, assume all is well. 750 later we have a liner and put it up last weekend. Goes together ok and looks fine as it's filling. As it gets closer to full, it starts pulling apart at the top to the point that one of the joints comes apart all the way. I assumed it was because some of the plastic pins were not holding. Drained the pool to take pressure off it and I put a single 1/4 inch pop rivet at each joint in place of the plastic one. Refilled the pool again and it is becoming apparent that even though they are both advertised at 24 foot, something is off between them. With the top together the bottom of the legs are several inches farther out than the top and the top ring has a serious amount of outward pressure on it. To the point that the rivets are stretching. Right now there is a long ratchet strap around the top to take pressure off it until I can get out tomorrow and put a second rivet in. To me it looks like the top ring should be at least 6 inches larger across. At this point I realize the best route is to start over with matching components. However, I'm into this one right now for over a grand. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I will try to get pictures tomorrow if it will help.
Thanks and sorry for the really long post
Nick

Nick, sorry to hear about the problems. I think you should cut your losses on this one. Speaking from experience, putting an Intex frame back together and getting the pieces to snap properly is tough work. My happiest say was when I left Intex for Shakline. Also, $750 for the liner is insane when the stores bump the entire pool to 75% off at the end of the season. Good luck though.

That thought crossed my mind yesterday when I was going around putting the second row of rivets in. My wife found a couple places on line that listed the complete pro series pool for around 700. Thinking of going that route if the frame starts giving any more issues. Use that frame with this liner so parts match and then we have a spare liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.