Brown Stains - Rubbing with Trichlor Puck Did Nothing

May 3, 2015
Moorpark, CA
I have two brown stains the size of leaves and two smaller brown stains at the deep end of the pool. At the suggestion of the Leslie Pool Store, I rubbed them with a puck, leaving some material on the surface to bleach the stain. After a half hour, the puck material was gone, but not the stains. I rubbed the stains again, and came back an hour later. Still no change.

Is rubbing the puck on the stain effective for organic stains? If not, what should I be doing? If so, then I presume they are metal stains. How do I treat those?

Thanks.

Michael

If its organic stains, the puck should have lift it, or at least made it a lot lighter.

If its metal stains, Vitamin C should lift it or make it lighter. Put a few vitamin C tables in a nylon stocking and put a decent size rock in there to hold it down. Tie it to a pole and stick it on the stain until the tabs are dissolved.

If its organic stains, the puck should have lift it, or at least made it a lot lighter.

If its metal stains, Vitamin C should lift it or make it lighter. Put a few vitamin C tables in a nylon stocking and put a decent size rock in there to hold it down. Tie it to a pole and stick it on the stain until the tabs are dissolved.

Buying nylon stockings should raise a few eyebrows.:D

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll give it a try.

Michael

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.