South Florida New Build dig 5/6

I haven't posted pics in a month or so, just a quick update of where we are. all plumbing is done, tile work is done and just finished the travertine decking. I had a couple Sylvester Palm trees installed to frame the spa. Electrical will be done this week. Fencing will be put up soon as well. Also need to move the trampoline to a better location on the side of the house.
17912010221_d2210b2073_z.jpg
[/url]Untitled by natvtxn27, on Flickr[/IMG]

17288854834_698194b8a2_z.jpg

17864845134_dfeeb4b5a8_z.jpg

18613841899_6322c2e70b_z.jpg
18612238420_16af75ee83_z.jpg
18773522656_f3d662f52c_z.jpg

I am just curious about why the PVC stands up? Or am I just seeing things? I love, love your pool design. It's super cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the large square component? Our filter looks much like yours.

It is a heat pump. We don't have gas in my neighborhood and I didn't want a full on electric heater. This is supposed to be much more efficient. Pentair Ultra temp 125,000 btu.

I really wanted to buy propane tank and have propane heater, but by the time I buried the tank and ran the gas lines it just wasn't cost effective. Plus it costs more to run the propane heater.

Pretty! Got to love fencing OUT the gators! LOL

Kim

For sure!! I've got a small dog that likes to run down and poop by the water. Can't let him out without a leash. He's about the size of a good appetizer for a gator!!

And we've seen a few good size gators there. They are mostly fished out if they get over 5 ft but every now and then we get a big one from a nearby river.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
gators are harmless unless people feed them. They are extremely smart and lazy. Typically a large gator only eats about 100 pounds a food a year and can go over a year without eating. If not fed, the only time they are aggressive is during mating season or if you approach the females young.

So we were planning to surface and fill this week after final inspections, but no such luck...My fence did not pass inspection because the gap between the bottom of my rod iron (ok, aluminum) fence and the ground is more than 2". This is a requirement for my city. I also have not landscaped and sodded the yard yet. Once the sod is down, the gap will be less than 2" as required by the city. All that work is happening this week, but we had to delay finishing and now the next opportunity is for the crew is the 2nd week of July. :mad:

By the way, I used to drive through Manor all the time when I lived in my home state of Texas!

My gosh! I'm not sure we have that "gap" rule. But we are having most of our fence rebuilt. And that's partially (mostly) due to the reckless bobcat driver(s). Our gate is getting rebuilt to meet code. I can only hope for smooth coordination of it all.

We are set for final inspections today. If all goes well the pool will be surfaced and filled on Tuesday next week. Really wish we could've had it completed before the 4th but no such luck.

We are putting in a marcite alternative Quartz surface. I have seen several pools in our neighborhood with this and like the way they look. Does anyone have experience with this? Florida Gem is the name of the company. The color we went with is called Blue Gem.

Gallery | Gem Finishes | Gallery of Gem Pool Finishes

Would love to hear any advice or experience with this pool surface.

I like the color you chose. It's not too dark, but very blue. Nice. I am betting that most of these companies have the same or very similar product, just a different name. I know you must be getting excited!! I really can't wait to see your finished pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.