TF-100 Results

Apr 28, 2015
San Antonio, Texas
Just received my new TF-100 Test kit. Have been introduced to cyanuric acid for the first time, I have a 30' round, 23800 gal. I have had the pool since 2008 and have always had crystal clear water, only to find out that the 3" tabs were doing their thing. after finding out my CYA was over 300, I have drained over half the pool and refilled. I am about 90 CYA right now. I did a few tests, my total Chlorine test did not match any colors, it was orange. The ph test was 7.8. The chlorine drop test: FC=20.5, but my water did not turn back to pink, so I have no Combined Chloramines. What does that mean? My water is cloudy, and I still have some vacuuming to do. Can you help me get on the right track, I have not put anything in my pool for a week, prior to that I used lots of zapit

Welcome to the forum.. You don't WANT any CC...(combined chloramines). Ph should be 7.4 to 7.6 unless you are letting it drift up to lower your TA wih muriatic acid. You don't tell us what your TA is. 90 cya is on the edge of manageable unless you get an algae outbreak.

Lowering TA is a PROCESS of aerating your water------allowing PH to rise.......... then dropping it down with MA which in turn lowers your TA. Takes time. You end up with a more stable PH at a lower TA of 60-80.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.