Newbie with Numbers

Hi all, I've been reading TFP for months now and have learned a lot. We are renting our home and the owner was using pucks so the CYA is very high. I've stopped using them but a drain/refill is not possible so we'll have to work with what we've got. Right now the pool looks great after it started to turn due to low chlorine and the pump loosing prime when we were not home. I purchased a Taylor test kit and here are my results.

FC = 12.5
CC = .5
PH = waiting until FC is down to test but it has been on the high side in the past
TA = 160
CH = 310
CYA = 100+

Water temp is about 80 right now and will get warmer, full sun in southwest Florida. Pump with water feature runs about 8 hours a day.

I also purchased 25# of boric acid that I will be adding once everything is in check.

If a partial ....."drain"...........is not possible. How about a partial ...."overflow"?<<<<<..NOT good advice by the way!!!!!......but interested to know why a partial drain is not possible. Hopefully you will get enough rain water down there and pumping it to waste will help dilute it.

Right now I am able to replace a couple inches a week due to evaporation, once we start swimming more there will be splash out from the kids and yes overflow once the summer storms kick in. I let some out here and there when I can.

Will adding MA help lower the TA? I'm sure the PH is high too so it can't hurt, right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.