Pool Build Completed - West Houston

Dec 6, 2014
TX
Hello! I read this forum for several months soaking up as much knowledge as I could to help design our pool and prepare for our build. I learned so much and loved reading all the build posts so thought the least I could do to give back is post our build pics and answer any questions you might have.

It was surely a long and stressful process but took everybody's advice that it would all be worth it in the end....and it was! We had our fair share of typical issues but I am now happy to say this was relatively trouble free build!

1%20Medium_zpshhfhuabw.jpg

2%20Medium_zpsrkbgdj8g.jpg

Yes! I have the TF-100 test kit. Just to clarify, this build is fully complete. I hit my upload limit so I will need a Photobucket account or similar to post the rest of the pics. Coming soon!

I have been using Trichlor pucks to slowly bring up the CYA and supplementing with bleach. Levels are all within range except we have pretty high Calcium hardness from the tap (pool store says 320 but my tests range between 525-600).

Hey Robbie! Always good to see another Houston area pool owner on this forum. I can't wait to see the rest of your build. These 'already completed' builds are fun cuz we already know it's a happy ending!

From the dig, forms, and Rebar, it looks like your pool has really nice lines. I love your stone/brick fence.

Don't tease us anymore - hurry up with those pictures! Thanks for sharing your build! Take care. Suz.

Wow sure looks nice! CONGRATS ! Really like how they did your buolder work. See you went to COSTCO also for the chaise lounges they had on sale. Alot of your build looks like mine especially the spa, almost exactly like mine. Who was upur PB?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Fantastic! It's as if you had INSTANT pool build! I'm hoping mine will feel that way when I look back on our completed pictures.

You have a bee-u-tiful pool! I love your tile and coping color choices, and the water color is stunning. What a deck! In the photo, it's so clean and new - just like a newborn baby's bottom!

How long was it between the dig and water fill? (no bonus points for a fast build)

Just in time for warmer weather! Enjoy! Suz.

Forgot to mention: that's awesome how you used the rock around the pipes in front of your equipment pad. I don't think I've seen that done before - or haven't noticed. I'm going to print that photo and show it to my DIY landscaper!

Really love the natural looking tiles and stone work. The pool looks amazing! You must be so proud!

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Suz, the build took approximately 6 weeks from dig to fill. They moved fairly quickly considering all the rain we had. I decided on the rocks around the equipment pad to avoid hitting the plumbing when mowing the grass. I also extended the pad 6 ft so I could put one of those plastic storage sheds there.

Yes, I love the Luna Quartz Bermuda color. I didn't really consider any of the other Luna Quartz colors except for Montego but I was afraid it would show too much green tint. I had seen other pools with a gray finish and liked how it gives the water a steel blue color.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.