Pool wall damage question

Jun 22, 2011
This winter (I live in Canada) the liner gave up on us. Now I posted two pictures, I would like to know if by filling the pool the buldge in the middle will settle. This type of pool only has one seem and it is ok.

https://plus.google.com/photos/110402924319780920851/albums/6146908666891256417

Also is it Worth it installing cove, wall foam and rhino pad? I did not have any before and I got 8 years on the liner.

PS, I have yet to find where the water leaked from, I see no whole, I suspect it was the bottom drain.

Thanks
Phil

Attachments

• IMG130632.jpg
    IMG130632.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 99
The most that filling the pool will do is help flatten/even up the wall against the posts. What's on the pool bottom now? Sand? A rhino pad is a comfort personal option. I never saw the benefit of wall foam. I think it can cause more problems than it's worth. Foam cove would be the only thing I would consider for looks and stress relief along the bottom of the wall. BUT.........You may not be able to use it if you have a JHook style liner. I'll let folks with more expereince chime in on that.

Yes currently it is sand only.

One last question, when I measure the wall height I get 50" but the beaded liner selection is between 48 and 52? I'm assuming I go with the 52? I just don't want the liner to be too loose. I had an overlapped liner prior to this one.

Go with 52"liner. The cove should take up,some of the slack if there is any.

Ok at first I though it was the bottom drain that was leaking, but today I found a few ripped holes on the bottom liner. Also I was not expecting to find 3/4" foam board underneath the liner (bottom). I already bought 9 oz liner protector, should I put it on top of the foam that is already there? I'm worried that the liner will be too loose because of the added elevation (beaded instead of the original overlapped).

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.